My Review of the Vitrex Mix 1400L
I can’t count the number of Aspirin I’ve had to take over the years because of the pain caused by using large, heavy, uncomfortable power mixers. There have been times I would have preferred mixing concrete with a stick instead of picking up another mixer. If you’ve got experience in construction or masonry, then you’ve probably felt the same way at times. Many power mixers are designed for efficiency, yet pay absolutely no attention to comfort.
Luckily, over the past few years, I’ve noticed an increase in the number of lightweight and portable power mixers on the market. I didn’t pay them much attention at first because I already had a power mixer and assumed a portable alternative wouldn’t be up to the task. My wife eventually convinced me to invest in one for the sake of my back, and it was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.
What are the features of the Vitrex Mix 1400L?
The particular model that I invested in was the Vitrex Mix 1400L. It comes with a powerful 1400W motor that is more than capable of handling my mixing needs, whether its plaster, cement, grout, fillers, paint or any other adhesives. It cost less than a third of the price of my older, heavier mixer, yet could handle most of the same jobs and came with a few neat features.
Of course, it did face some limitations that my older model did not. The smaller size meant I had to work in smaller batches when handling a massive project. It also couldn’t reach the high number of revolutions that the previous model could achieve. Even so, the fact that it weighed less than half as much and featured an ergonomic design made it worth the extra work in some cases.
The most important features of this mixer include:
- Powerful 1400W motor
- Dual gears for increased performance
- Extremely lightweight and comfortable to use
- Electronic speed control with a speed-locking option
The Vitrex Mix1400 indeed isn’t the only lightweight power mixer on the market today. I’ve seen and used a number of them. But if you’re tired of portable mixers that can’t get the job done, then this is the model you want. It manages to work nearly as hard as the heavy duty models without the extra weight. It also happens to come from a well-known brand.
A Little About The Brand
When it comes to power tools, the brand is always a good representation of what you can expect from the products. The best brands continually manufacture the best products. That’s precisely what Vitrex has done for more than 70 years. They initially began developing and producing hand tools during the Second World War. Nearly a decade later, they started selling plastic DIY products.
Vitrex slowly earned a reputation with the DIY community. Many of their products were designed to be affordable and easy-to-use. However, it wasn’t only the DIY community that took notice. Professionals in some fields began to invest in Vitrex products for the same reasons.
Vitrex manufacturers just about every tool a person involved with home improvement could ever need. They employ a “one-stop shop” philosophy. If there’s a product they haven’t already developed, then it’s likely in their plans for the near future.
- Lightweight and portable, yet very powerful.
- Competitively priced considering its features and capabilities.
- Comes from a well-known and respected brand.
- Smaller size means large jobs require several batches.
- Refina MM30 Mega Mixer Review - September 25, 2022
- How to Become a Plasterer in the UK - September 22, 2022
- How to Repair a Crack in a Wall - September 20, 2022
- How to Install Plaster Cornice and Coving - September 15, 2022
- How to Patch Insulation Holes in Plaster Walls - September 10, 2022
- Nordstrand 1800W Pro Portable Hand-Held Mixer Review - September 7, 2022
- Vitrex MIX1400L Power Mixer Review - September 5, 2022
- Plastering Requires Careful Planning - September 1, 2022
- Tips For Improving Your DIY Plastering - August 27, 2022
- How To Plasterboard Curved Ceiling – Tips & Advice - August 25, 2022